The University of Skövde Masters Scholarships provides some partial scholarship awards funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education to tuition-paying candidates who are required to pay tuition fees to attend a Master’s program at the university.
With over 9,000 students, The University of Skövde is part of the public Swedish universities that provide a broad range of international master’s and bachelor’s programs taught in English, and also Ph.D. programs.
The university’s academic undertakings are structured in five schools: School of Business, School of Bioscience, School of Informatics, School of Health Sciences, and School of Engineering Science.
The University of Skövde Masters Scholarships are awarded for one academic semester, but it can be expanded to subsequent academic semesters given that the candidate’s study results are acceptable. The scholarship award granting condition is academic merit. The scholarship awards can only be granted to tuition-paying students.
About University of Skövde
The University of Skövde (in Swedish: Högskolan i Skövde, HIS) is a state university in Skövde, Sweden. The University of Skövde was granted university status in 1983 and is now an academic institution with general and specialized educational programmes in topics like Business, Health, Biomedicine and Computer game design. Research, education, and PhD training at the university are divided on four schools; Bioscience, Business, Health and Education, Engineering Science, and Informatics.
University of Skövde Masters Scholarships Information:
- Host Country: Sweden.
- Host University: University of Skovde.
- Scholarship Level: Masters.
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee waivers.
- Application Deadline: 1st September 2021.
Benefits of University of Skovde Masters Scholarship
- The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). If you are granted, the amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice.
- The scholarship is granted for one academic semester, but it can be extended to subsequent academic semesters provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory.
Requirements for University of Skovde Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- The master’s programme must be delivered on campus.
- Generally students can only be awarded a UHR scholarship if a master’s programme at the University of Skövde is chosen as first priority on University Admissions.
- You must have completed the application to the programme meeting all deadlines for the master’s first admission round. You must meet the entry requirements for the master’s programme you applied to, pay the application fee and the supporting documents must have been received before the deadline defined by University Admissions. Check the deadlines for the autumn and spring semesters here.
- You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. In your motivation text you must tell us why you have chosen the master’s programme at the University of Skövde. Scholarship applications without a motivation text will not be considered.
- The criteria for awarding a scholarship are good academic merits, the motivation text and video. Criteria can also be other qualifications that are judged to be in line with educational or research areas as well as geographic location which the University of Skövde gives priority to in accordance with its internationalisation strategy.
- The scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a Master’s programme. If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master’s student at the University of Skövde, you are not currently eligible to apply for UHR Scholarships.
How to Apply for University of Skövde Masters Scholarships
- Submit an application through the website www.universityadmissions.se for a master’s program at the University of Skövde and choose it as a first choice
- Record a 2-minute video describing why the candidate wants to take the master’s degree program at the University of Skövde and how he/she is going to make use of the knowledge obtained during the program.
- Upload the video to a website or cloud storage so that it can be accessed by the university’s Scholarship Committee, on YouTube for instance, and designate it unlisted.
- The video’s link must be submitted through the online scholarship award application form.
- Write a concise motivation text describing why the candidate has selected the master’s degree program at the University of Skövde, it has to be submitted through the scholarship award application form.
- Fill out the scholarship award application form and submit it before the closing date, also take note of the application number (8-digit number) from www.universityadmissions.se.
- Complete the motivation text into the relevant field. Add the link to the 2-minute video (ensure that the link is complete and accurate).
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Scholarships here